The Massachusetts Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics is committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental and social health for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. To this end, the members of the Academy dedicate their efforts and resources.
August is National Immunization Awareness Month (#NIAM16)
For more information, click here.
Registration for the 21st Annual MIAP Pediatric Immunization Skills Building Conference is open!
August is National Immunization Awareness Month (#NIAM16)!
August 22, 2016: This week in NIAM#16 highlights the importance of vaccination for preteens and teens. Preteens and teens need vaccines to protect against meningococcal disease; cancer-causing HPV infections; tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough; and seasonal flu. CDC resources for providers to share with parents: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/teen/index.html. #NIAM16 #VaxWithMe
Update: Interim Guidance for the Evaluation and Management of Infants with Possible Congenital Zika Virus Infection – United States, August 2016. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), Early Release /August 19, 2016 / 65
Immunization Newsletter, MDPH Immunization Program, Spring-Summer 2016
ACIP Votes Against Use LAIV for the 2016-17 Flu Season, CDC, June 22, 2016
Clinical Advisory – Zika Virus, MDPH, updated June 1, 2016
Clinical Alert – Measles, MDPH, May 12, 2016
2016 Immunization Schedules, CDC, February 2016
2015 Teleconference Program The Massachusetts Chapter and Connecticut Chapters of the American Academy of Pediatrics Click here for upcoming programs: www.ct-aap.org
HEALTH CARE REFORM
- MCAAP Health Care Reform Core Principles
- Proposal of the MCAAP Regarding Health Care Payment Reform
- Payment Reform and Child Health – Massachusetts Agenda 2011
ARRA AND MEANINGFUL USE
- MMS ARRA Advisor
- www.maehi.org – Massachusetts eHealth Institute – To access information about the Regional Extension Center Summits, please visit REC Summits.
Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Grant (CHIPRA) in MA MEDICAL HOME
- The Pediatric Foundation of Massachusetts is now accepting tax-exempt donations for projects that benefit the children of Massachusetts and in some cases, internationally. To donate via PayPal click on: PayPal
Here are the events for this month. For a full list of calendar events, click here.