The Massachusetts Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics is committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental and social health for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. To this end, the members of the Academy dedicate their efforts and resources.
January is National Birth Defects
For more information, click here.
Call for Nominations! 2017 CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award
Nomination Deadline: February 10, 2017
January is Cervical Health Awareness Month – HPV Vaccination is Cancer Prevention!
Online CME opportunity: Why Aren’t We Preventing the Preventable?: Updates in Meningococcal B and Other Vaccine Hot Topics; online webinar with CME credit provided by BU School of Medicine; MCAAP joint sponsor
Flu vaccination should continue as long as flu viruses are circulating, even in January or later. ow.ly/JvnS3073ahn #NIVW #FightFlu
2016 Immunization Schedules, CDC, February 2016
2015 Teleconference Program The Massachusetts Chapter and Connecticut Chapters of the American Academy of Pediatrics Click here for upcoming programs: www.ct-aap.org
HEALTH CARE REFORM
- MCAAP Health Care Reform Core Principles
- Proposal of the MCAAP Regarding Health Care Payment Reform
- Payment Reform and Child Health – Massachusetts Agenda 2011
ARRA AND MEANINGFUL USE
- MMS ARRA Advisor
- www.maehi.org – Massachusetts eHealth Institute – To access information about the Regional Extension Center Summits, please visit REC Summits.
Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Grant (CHIPRA) in MA MEDICAL HOME
- The Pediatric Foundation of Massachusetts is now accepting tax-exempt donations for projects that benefit the children of Massachusetts and in some cases, internationally. To donate via PayPal click on: PayPal
Here are the events for this month. For a full list of calendar events, click here.