January is National Birth Defects Prevention Month.
For more information, click here.
IN THE NEWS
MCAAP Member, Dr. Sharon Levy, featured in TedxBeaconStreet presentation
MCAAP member, Dr. Michael Hirsh, featured in UMass Memorial tweet
MCAAP Member, Dr. Sean Palfrey, featured on CapeCod.Com
MCAAP Member, Dr. Scott Hedland, featured at #AMERSA2017
MCAAP Members, Drs. Steven Mendes and Jason Reynolds, featured on WBZ-TV News
MCAAP Member, Dr. Dan Rauch, featured on Tufts Medical Center Twitter
MCAAP Member, Dr. Michael McManus, featured speaker on Narrow Networks at the AAP National Conference & Exhibition
MCAAP Member, Dr. Lynda Young, featured in AAP News – Learn How to Use Your Voice to Advocate for Children
MCAAP Member, Dr. Sharon Levy, featured in AMA Wire – Pediatric primary care could be key to solving teen opioid crisis
MCAAP Member, Dr. Heather Forkey, featured in UMass Med Now – Joy McCann Professor for Women in Medicine
MCAAP Member, Dr. Gonzalo Paz-Soldan, featured in AAP News – Pediatricians need to take leadership roles to restore joy of practice
Reach Out and Read featured in the Cape Cod Times – A new chapter for Cape and Islands childhood literacy program
Click here to see Dr. DeWayne Pursley, President of the AAP, in a video about the importance of Medicaid for children.
Click here to read an article written about the importance of Medicaid for children and families written by MCAAP President Dr. DeWayne Pursley and member Dr. John Zupancic
- MDPH Weekly Influenza Update, 1/5/18
- CDC issues Health Alert Network (HAN) Advisory “Seasonal Influenza A(H3N2) Activity and Antiviral Treatment of Patients with Influenza,” CDC, 12/27/17
- Updated Meningitis Advisory, MDPH, 11/30/17
- National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW) was December 3-9, 2017
- Update: Influenza Activity — United States, October 1–November 25, 2017, MMWR, Weekly/December 8, 2017 / 66(48);1318–1326
- Make A Strong Recommendation for Flu Vaccine! CDC, 9/17
- CDC’s influenza webpage for healthcare professionals
- Invasive Meningococcal Cases at the University of Massachusetts (UMass) Amherst , MDPH Advisory, 11/16/17
- Vaccination Coverage Among Children Aged 19–35 Months — United States, 2016, MMWR, 11/3/17
- NIS-Childhood 2016 Summary with Ranking MDPH 11/17 – Congratulations Massachusetts!
- Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Vaccine Practices, United States, 2017-18 Influenza Season, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR). 2017:66(2);1–20.
- Recommendations and Resources for the Control of Influenza and Pneumococcal Disease: 2017 – 2018, MDPH, 9/17
- National, Regional, State and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years – United States, 2016. MMWR. 2017;66(33);874-82.
- NIS-Teen 2016 Summary with Ranking, MDPH, 8/17
- The 2017 Immunization Schedules – CDC, 2/17
SAVE THE DATE – The 2018 MCAAP Annual Meeting
School Health in Massachusetts – Schools and Health Care Providers Working Together
To Promote the Health and Wellbeing of Children and Youth
The Annual MCAAP Edward Penn Memorial CME Lecture and Business Meeting will take place on May 9th at the Massachusetts Medical Society from 9:30 am until 4 pm. The program will focus entirely on a variety of issues that affect children within the school systems. It will offer CME credits. The program cost is $80 for members and is free for medical students and residents.
For more information or to pre-register, please contact Cathleen Haggerty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Teleconference Program The Massachusetts Chapter and Connecticut Chapters of the American Academy of Pediatrics Click here for upcoming programs: www.ct-aap.org