The Massachusetts Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics is committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental and social health for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. To this end, the members of the Academy dedicate their efforts and resources.
February is International Prenatal
Infection Prevention Month
For more information, click here.
MDPH Clinical Advisory -Zika Virus, updated 2/5/16
2016 Immunization Schedules have been published (2/2/16)
Interim Guidelines for Pregnant Women During a Zika Virus Outbreak – United States, 2016
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:30–3
Interim Guidelines for the Evaluation and Testing of Infants with Possible Congenital Zika Virus Infection – United States, 2016
MMWR Morb Mortal Early Release 2016; 65(3);1–5
HPV QI Project Opportunity: Improving HPV Immunization Coverage – National Immunization Partnership with the American Pediatric Association (NIPA) – Enrollment Deadline (1/27/16) is Approaching
Upcoming Immunization Initiative Webinar:
Vaccine Storage and Handling and VFC Compliance Training; MDPH Vaccine Update – Thursday, March 10, 2016, 12:00-1:00 p.m.; Robert Morrison, Immunization Program, Massachusetts Department of Public Health. Click here to register!
2015 Teleconference Program The Massachusetts Chapter and Connecticut Chapters of the American Academy of Pediatrics Click here for upcoming programs: www.ct-aap.org
HEALTH CARE REFORM
- MCAAP Health Care Reform Core Principles
- Proposal of the MCAAP Regarding Health Care Payment Reform
- Payment Reform and Child Health – Massachusetts Agenda 2011
ARRA AND MEANINGFUL USE
- MMS ARRA Advisor
- www.maehi.org – Massachusetts eHealth Institute – To access information about the Regional Extension Center Summits, please visit REC Summits.
Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Grant (CHIPRA) in MA MEDICAL HOME
- The Pediatric Foundation of Massachusetts is now accepting tax-exempt donations for projects that benefit the children of Massachusetts and in some cases, internationally. To donate via PayPal click on: PayPal
Here are the events for this month. For a full list of calendar events, click here.