The Massachusetts Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics is committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental and social health for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. To this end, the members of the Academy dedicate their efforts and resources.
National Influenza Vaccination Week
is December 7-13, 2014
For more information, click here.
National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW) is December 7-13, 2014
Helpful NIVW resources:
NEW! EHR Regulations
The Board of Registration in Medicine has adopted regulations implementing the Chapter 224 of the Acts of 2012 provision requiring all physicians, as a condition of licensure, to demonstrate proficiency in electronic health records (EHR) beginning in January, 2015. The regulations provide alternative pathways for physicians to demonstrate EHR proficiency, and are applicable for original and renewal full licenses. Limited licenses (interns and residents are exempt).
For further information about the regulations and pathways to demonstrate EHR proficiency, please use the following link to the Massachusetts Medical Society website: http://www.massmed.org/Advocacy/Regulatory-Issues/Proposed-EHR/Meaningful-Use-Regulations/#.VGZY0PnF-H4
The AAP weighs in on FL firearm ruling. http://ow.ly/zQtso
Governor Patrick signs “An Act Establishing the Massachusetts Childhood Vaccine Program” into law (February 12, 2014)
You are the Key to HPV Cancer Prevention! Click here for HPV vaccination resources for providers.
The Chapter weighs in on Limited Services Clinics. Click on MCAAP LSC Letter From President to read a letter from the President, Dr. John O’Reilly. To read testimony submitted by Dr. Sean Palfrey, click on: MCAAP Limited Services Testimony 2013 FINAL. Dr. Karen McAlmon, past president, submitted testimony in 2007, click on DPH TESTIMONY 9 28 07 – Final (2) Limited Service Clinics to read it.
The AAP Advocates for Deactivation of NCCI Edits – (updated March 13, 2013) – The Chapter continues to monitor this situation and will publish updates as they become available.
NEW! CME OPPORTUNITIES
2014 Teleconference Program The Massachusetts Chapter and Connecticut Chapters of the American Academy of Pediatrics Click here for upcoming programs: www.ct-aap.org
HEALTH CARE REFORM
- MCAAP Health Care Reform Core Principles
- Proposal of the MCAAP Regarding Health Care Payment Reform
- Payment Reform and Child Health – Massachusetts Agenda 2011
- “The 2013 Summit on Early Childhood: Innovation and Opportunity” took place on Friday, April 5, 2013, click here for more information about the event.
ARRA AND MEANINGFUL USE
- MMS ARRA Advisor
- www.maehi.org – Massachusetts eHealth Institute – To access information about the Regional Extension Center Summits, please visit REC Summits.
Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Grant (CHIPRA) in MA MEDICAL HOME
- The Pediatric Foundation of Massachusetts is now accepting tax-exempt donations for projects that benefit the children of Massachusetts and in some cases, internationally. To donate via PayPal click on: PayPal
Here are the events for this month. For a full list of calendar events, click here.