October is National Down Syndrome Awareness Month.
For more information, click here.
IN THE NEWS
MCAAP Member, Dr. Scott Hedland featured at #AMERSA2017
MCAAP Members, Drs. Steven Mendes and Jason Reynolds, featured on WBZ-TV News
MCAAP Member, Dr. Dan Rauch, featured on Tufts Medical Center Twitter
MCAAP Member, Dr. Michael McManus, featured speaker on Narrow Networks at the AAP National Conference & Exhibition
MCAAP Member, Dr. Lynda Young, featured in AAP News – Learn How to Use Your Voice to Advocate for Children
MCAAP Member, Dr. Sharon Levy, featured in AMA Wire – Pediatric primary care could be key to solving teen opioid crisis
MCAAP Member, Dr. Heather Forkey, featured in UMass Med Now – Joy McCann Professor for Women in Medicine
MCAAP Member, Dr. Gonzalo Paz-Soldan, featured in AAP News – Pediatricians need to take leadership roles to restore joy of practice
Reach Out and Read featured in the Cape Cod Times – A new chapter for Cape and Islands childhood literacy program
Click here to see Dr. DeWayne Pursley, President of the AAP, in a video about the importance of Medicaid for children.
Click here to read an article written about the importance of Medicaid for children and families written by MCAAP President Dr. DeWayne Pursley and member Dr. John Zupancic
- Invasive Meningococcal Cases at the University of Massachusetts (UMass) Amherst , MDPH Advisory, 11/16/17
- Vaccination Coverage Among Children Aged 19–35 Months — United States, 2016, MMWR, 11/3/17
- NIS-Childhood 2016 Summary with Ranking MDPH 11/17 – Congratulations Massachusetts!
- Flu Season is Here! Click here to visit CDC’s Flu Webpage for Health Professionals
- Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Vaccine Practices, United States, 2017-18 Influenza Season, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR). 2017:66(2);1–20.
- Recommendations and Resources for the Control of Influenza and Pneumococcal Disease: 2017 – 2018, MDPH, 9/17
- MCAAP Immunization Initiative Webinar Series – Fall 2017 Webinars
- National, Regional, State and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years – United States, 2016. MMWR. 2017;66(33);874-82.
- NIS-Teen 2016 Summary with Ranking, MDPH, 8/17
- The 2017 Immunization Schedules – CDC, 2/17
2017 Teleconference Program The Massachusetts Chapter and Connecticut Chapters of the American Academy of Pediatrics Click here for upcoming programs: www.ct-aap.org