September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
For more information, click here.
IN THE NEWS
MCAAP Member, Dr. Michael McManus, featured speaker on Narrow Networks at the AAP National Conference & Exhibition
MCAAP Member, Dr. Lynda Young, featured in AAP News – Learn How to Use Your Voice to Advocate for Children
MCAAP Member, Dr. Sharon Levy, featured in AMA Wire – Pediatric primary care could be key to solving teen opioid crisis
MCAAP Member, Dr. Heather Forkey, featured in UMass Med Now – Joy McCann Professor for Women in Medicine
MCAAP Member, Dr. Gonzalo Paz-Soldan, featured in AAP News – Pediatricians need to take leadership roles to restore joy of practice
Reach Out and Read featured in the Cape Cod Times – A new chapter for Cape and Islands childhood literacy program
Click here to see Dr. DeWayne Pursley, President of the AAP, in a video about the importance of Medicaid for children.
Click here to read an article written about the importance of Medicaid for children and families written by MCAAP President Dr. DeWayne Pursley and member Dr. John Zupancic
- 22nd Annual MIAP Pediatric Immunization Skills Building Conference – Early Registration Ends September 28th! Register today!
- Flu Season is Coming! Join CDC and NFID’s Thunderclap Campaign on September 28 to support the importance of getting a flu vaccine!
- Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Vaccine Practices, United States, 2017-18 Influenza Season, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR). 2017:66(2);1–20.
- Recommendations and Resources for the Control of Influenza and Pneumococcal Disease: 2017 – 2018, MDPH, 9/17
- National, Regional, State and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years – United States, 2016. MMWR. 2017;66(33);874-82.
- NIS-Teen 2016 Summary with Ranking, MDPH, 8/17
- MCAAP Immunization Initiative Webinar Series – Fall 2017 Webinars
- The 2017 Immunization Schedules – CDC, 2/17
2017 Teleconference Program The Massachusetts Chapter and Connecticut Chapters of the American Academy of Pediatrics Click here for upcoming programs: www.ct-aap.org