Immunization News From the MDPH
Recent Advisories and Alerts
- MIIS Quick Reference – Annual Provider Re-Enrollment, 12/17
- MIIS Quick Reference 14 – Flu Reconciliation, MDPH 1/17
- MIIS Quick Reference 13 – New Flu Order_3.4.4, MDPH, 10/15
- Regulations governing the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS), 105 CMR 222.000 (Approved by the Massachusetts Public Health Council, effective as of January 2, 2015)
- Massachusetts Immunization Information System Compliance Schedule, 3/19/15
In June 2010, legislation was passed charging the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) to establish a statewide lifespan immunization registry. One year later, in February 2011, MDPH launched the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). The MIIS is a secure and confidential web-based system capable of accepting immunization information through electronic data exchange with electronic health records systems (EHR) or by direct data entry into the online user interface.
The primary benefits of the MIIS are access to shared, consolidated patient immunization records, customized provider and patient reports, improved clinical decision-making through the use of advanced immunization forecasting functionality, practice and vaccine management tools, and overall enhanced infrastructure for efficient disease control and surveillance.
Click here to visit the MIIS webpage.
Influenza Information 2017-2018
- Mass.Gov Influenza Web Site
- MDPH Recommendations and Resources for the Control of Influenza and Pneumococcal Disease – 2017-2018, MDPH, 9/17
- ACIP Recommends LAIV (FluMist) Should Not Be Used During the 2016-2017 Flu Season
- Mass.Gov Commonwealth Conversations Public Health Blog (includes Weekly Flu Report)
Vaccine Administration and Clinical Guidance
- Top Strategies for Increasing Immunization Coverage Rates, April 2017
- Strong Provider Recommendations Improve Immunization Acceptance, April 2017
Click here to visit the Immunization Program Vaccine Administration and Clinical Guidance webpage.
Click here to visit the Immunization Program School Immunizations webpage.
Click here to visit the Immunization Program Vaccine Management webpage.
Each year, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) Immunization Program hosts half-day regionally-based programs for health care professionals to receive updated information on immunization related topics. In addition to the In-Person program each Spring, the Immunization Program offers four recorded webinars on each topic presented during the In-Person program.
For more information, please see the Immunization Updates website.
For questions about the updates, call or email Denise Henry at 508-752-7313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to visit the Immunization Program Events webpage.