What’s New From the Immunization Initiative
- 2014-2015 Influenza season resources
- Registration is open! The 19th Annual Massachusetts Immunization Action Partnership (MIAP) Pediatric Immunization Skills Building Conference will be held on Thursday, October 23, 2014, in Marlborough, MA. Click here for more information.
- Immunization Initiative Webinar Series – next webinar is October 9, 2014: Using the Massachusetts Immunization Information System to Improve HPV Vaccination Rates, Tricia Charles, MIIS User Support Associate; Beth English, MPH, Associate Director, MDPH Immunization Program. Registration information for this webinar will be forthcoming.
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents, 2007–2013, and Postlicensure Vaccine Safety Monitoring, 2006–2014 — United States. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR); July 25, 2014, Vol 63 / No. 29
National, Regional, State, and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years — United States, 2013 . MMWR; July 25, 2014, Vol 63 / No. 29
- Clinical Measles Alert #2, MDPH, June 4, 2014
- CDC names Richard Moriarty, MD, FAAP, MCAAP Immunization Initiative Co-Director, as the Massachusetts recipient of this year’s CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award. Congratulations, Dr. Moriarty! Click here to read the award press release.
- Click here for HPV vaccination resources for providers.
- Upcoming Immunization Initiative Advisory Committee Meeting, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 6:30 p.m., Massachusetts Medical Society
- Updated CDC Resources! Understanding Vaccines and Vaccine Safety, CDC, 2013
- Updated CDC Vaccine Storage and Handling Information (May 2014)
- CDC website designed just for parents – For Parents: Vaccines for Your Children
- Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). Click here for updated information.
2014-2015 Influenza Season Information/Flu Resources and Updates
- Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) – United States, 2014-2015 Influenza Season; MMWR. August 15, 2014 / 63(32);691-697.
- Recommendations and Resources for the Control of Influenza, 2014-2015, MDPH, 9/14
- 2014-2015 Influenza Vaccine Information Statements (VIS)
- Influenza Vaccine Products for the 2014-2015 Influenza Season, IAC, 9/14
- CDC Flu website
- Massachusetts Flu website
- What’s New on the the CDC Influenza Site?
- Flu Weekly Report and Flu Weekly Map, CDC (2014-2015 influenza season)
- MDPH School-Based Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Mass.Gov Commonwealth Conversations Public Health Blog (includes MA Weekly Flu Report)
- Influenza Vaccine Availability Tracking System (IVATS) – for healthcare providers seeking vaccine
Upcoming Immunization Initiative Advisory Committee Meetings
The next Advisory Committee meeting will be held on: Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 6:30 p.m.
All Immunization Initiative meetings are held at the Massachusetts Medical Society:
Waltham Woods Corporate Center
860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02454
If you wish to join the Advisory Committee, contact Cynthia McReynolds by telephone: (781) 895-9850, or by e-mail: email@example.com