What’s New From the Immunization Initiative
- 2016 MDPH Immunization Updates – Click here to register for the upcoming live webinars.
- Upcoming Immunization Initiative Webinars –
Thursday, August 18, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Community Immunity: Understanding School Immunization Data and Building Vaccine Confidence in Your Practice – Click here to register for this webinar!
Kathleen Shattuck, MPH, Assessment Coordinator, MDPH Immunization Program
Rebecca Vanucci, Immunization Outreach Coordinator, MDPH Immunization Program
Thursday, September 29, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Are Alternative Vaccine Schedules a Reasonable Alternative? – Click here to register for this webinar!
Paul Offit, MD, Chief of Infectious Diseases, Director, The Vaccine Education Center, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia; Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology, Professor of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine, The University of Pennsylvania
Registration information for these webinars will be posted once it becomes available.
- Upcoming 2016 Immunization Initiative Advisory Committee Meetings:
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Monday, December 12, 2016
Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m., and are held at Massachusetts Medical Society, Waltham. For more information, contact Cynthia McReynolds (firstname.lastname@example.org; 781.895.9850).
- Save the Date! The 21st Annual Massachusetts Immunization Action Partnership (MIAP) Pediatric Immunization Skills Building Conference will be held on Thursday, October 27, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., at the BEST WESTERN Royal Plaza Hotel, Marlborough, MA. Updated information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Save the Date! The 4th Annual Cervical Cancer and HPV-Related Cancers Summit: Promoting Awareness and Prevention will be held on Friday, November 4, 2016, at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA. Updated information will be posted as it becomes available.
In The News
- CDC Issues quarterly Massachusetts HPV Vaccination Report; CDC, May 2016
- Clinical Advisory – Zika Virus, MDPH, updated 6-1-16
- Guide to Collection, Handling and Shipping of Zika Virus Diagnostic Specimens, MDPH, 6-1-16
- Ronald C. Samuels, MD, MPH, FAAP, is named 2016 Massachusetts recipient of the CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award. Congratulations, Dr. Samuels! Click here to read the award announcement.
- Prevalence of HPV After Introduction of the Vaccination Program in the United States. Pediatrics. 2016, 137(2): e20151968
- 2016 Immunization Schedules have been published (2/2/16)
- Interim Guidelines for Pregnant Women During a Zika Virus Outbreak – United States, 2016 MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:30–3
- Interim Guidelines for the Evaluation and Testing of Infants with Possible Congenital Zika Virus Infection – United States, 2016 MMWR Morb Mortal Early Release 2016; 65(3);1–5
- Action needed to bump up MCV4 booster rates; AAP News (1/7/16)
- Quality of Physician Communication about Human Papillomavirus Vaccine: Findings from a National Survey. Melissa B. Gilkey, Teri L. Malo, Parth D. Shah, Megan E. Hall, and Noel T. Brewer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev Published OnlineFirst October 22, 2015; doi:10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-15-0326
- National, State and Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Children Aged 19-35 Months – United States, 2014. MMWR; August 28, 2015; 64)33;889-896
- Vaccination Coverage Among Children in Kindergarten – United States, 2014-2015 School Year. MMWR; August 28, 2015; 64(33);897-904
- Use of Serogroup B Meningococcal Vaccines in Persons Aged > 10 Years: (1)Recommendations; (2) Vaccine Availability and Ordering, MDPH, August 2015
- National, Regional, State, and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years — United States, 2014 . MMWR; July 31, 2015; 64(29); 784-792
- Click here for HPV vaccination resources for providers.
- CDC website designed just for parents – For Parents: Vaccines for Your Children
- Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). Click here for updated information.
2015-2016 Influenza Season Information/Flu Resources and Updates
- MDPH Recommendations and Resources for the Control of Influenza and Pneumococcal Disease, 2015-2016, MDPH, 9/15
- Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Vaccine Practices, United States, 2015-2016 Influenza Season. MMWR, August 7, 2015/ 64(30);818-825
- Updated Influenza Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) – CDC, 8/7/15
- Influenza Activity – United States, 2014-2015 Season and Composition of the 2015-2016 Influenza Vaccine. MMWR, June 5, 2015/ 64(21);583-590
- CDC Flu website
- Massachusetts Flu website
- MDPH School-Based Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Mass.Gov Commonwealth Conversations Public Health Blog (includes MA Weekly Flu Report)
- Influenza Vaccine Availability Tracking System (IVATS) – for healthcare providers seeking vaccine
- Influenza: What you should know, Volume II, Fall 2014 – Vaccine Education Center, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (resource for provider to distribute to patients and parents)