What’s New From the Immunization Initiative
- 2016 MDPH Immunization Updates – click here to access the Save the Date which includes dates and locations. Click here to register.
- Upcoming Immunization Initiative Webinars –
Thursday, August 18, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Community Immunity: Understanding School Immunization Data and Building Vaccine Confidence in Your Practice
Kathleen Shattuck, MPH, Assessment Coordinator, MDPH Immunization Program
Rebecca Vanucci, Immunization Outreach Coordinator, MDPH Immunization Program
Thursday, September 29, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Are Alternative Vaccine Schedules a Reasonable Alternative?
Paul Offit, MD, Chief of Infectious Diseases, Director, The Vaccine Education Center, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia; Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology, Professor of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine, The University of Pennsylvania
Registration information for these webinars will be posted once it becomes available.
- Upcoming 2016 Immunization Initiative Advisory Committee Meetings:
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Monday, December 12, 2016
Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m., and are held at Massachusetts Medical Society, Waltham. For more information, contact Cynthia McReynolds (email@example.com; 781.895.9850).
- Save the Date! The 21st Annual Massachusetts Immunization Action Partnership (MIAP) Pediatric Immunization Skills Building Conference will be held on Thursday, October 27, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., at the BEST WESTERN Royal Plaza Hotel, Marlborough, MA. Updated information will be posted as it becomes available.
In The News
- Ronald C. Samuels, MD, MPH, FAAP, is named 2016 Massachusetts recipient of the CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award. Congratulations, Dr. Samuels! Click here to read the award announcement.
- Prevalence of HPV After Introduction of the Vaccination Program in the United States. Pediatrics. 2016, 137(2): e20151968
- CDC issues quarterly Massachusetts HPV Vaccination Report; CDC, January 2016
- MDPH Clinical Advisory – Zika Virus, updated 2/5/16
- 2016 Immunization Schedules have been published (2/2/16)
- Interim Guidelines for Pregnant Women During a Zika Virus Outbreak – United States, 2016 MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:30–3
- Interim Guidelines for the Evaluation and Testing of Infants with Possible Congenital Zika Virus Infection – United States, 2016 MMWR Morb Mortal Early Release 2016; 65(3);1–5
- Action needed to bump up MCV4 booster rates; AAP News (1/7/16)
- Immunization Newsletter, MDPH Immunization Program, Fall/Winter 2015-2016
- Quality of Physician Communication about Human Papillomavirus Vaccine: Findings from a National Survey. Melissa B. Gilkey, Teri L. Malo, Parth D. Shah, Megan E. Hall, and Noel T. Brewer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev Published OnlineFirst October 22, 2015; doi:10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-15-0326
- National, State and Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Children Aged 19-35 Months – United States, 2014. MMWR; August 28, 2015; 64)33;889-896
- Vaccination Coverage Among Children in Kindergarten – United States, 2014-2015 School Year. MMWR; August 28, 2015; 64(33);897-904
- Use of Serogroup B Meningococcal Vaccines in Persons Aged > 10 Years: (1)Recommendations; (2) Vaccine Availability and Ordering, MDPH, August 2015
- National, Regional, State, and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years — United States, 2014 . MMWR; July 31, 2015; 64(29); 784-792
- Click here for HPV vaccination resources for providers.
- CDC website designed just for parents – For Parents: Vaccines for Your Children
- Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). Click here for updated information.
2015-2016 Influenza Season Information/Flu Resources and Updates
- MDPH Recommendations and Resources for the Control of Influenza and Pneumococcal Disease, 2015-2016, MDPH, 9/15
- Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Vaccine Practices, United States, 2015-2016 Influenza Season. MMWR, August 7, 2015/ 64(30);818-825
- Updated Influenza Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) – CDC, 8/7/15
- Influenza Activity – United States, 2014-2015 Season and Composition of the 2015-2016 Influenza Vaccine. MMWR, June 5, 2015/ 64(21);583-590
- CDC Flu website
- Massachusetts Flu website
- MDPH School-Based Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Mass.Gov Commonwealth Conversations Public Health Blog (includes MA Weekly Flu Report)
- Influenza Vaccine Availability Tracking System (IVATS) – for healthcare providers seeking vaccine
- Influenza: What you should know, Volume II, Fall 2014 – Vaccine Education Center, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (resource for provider to distribute to patients and parents)