What’s New From the Immunization Initiative
- Upcoming Immunization Initiative Webinars –
“Addressing Vaccine Refusal – What Drives the Anti-Vaccinator?,” Thursday, February 11, 2016, 12:00-1:00 p.m.; John Snyder, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Tufts University School of Medicine; Pediatrician, Amherst Pediatrics – Click here to register!
“Vaccine Storage and Handling and VFC Compliance Training; MDPH Vaccine Update,” Thursday, March 10, 2016, 12:00-1:00 p.m.; Robert Morrison, Vaccine Manager, MDPH Immunization Program – Click here to register!
“2016 Childhood Immunization Schedule Review; MDPH Vaccine update,”
Thursday, April 14, 2016, 12:00-1:00 p.m.; Susan Lett, MD, MPH, Medical Director, MDPH Immunization Program – Click here to register!
- 2016 Immunization Initiative Advisory Committee Meetings:
Monday, April 11, 2016
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Monday, December 12, 2016
Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m., and are held at Massachusetts Medical Society, Waltham. For more information, contact Cynthia McReynolds (email@example.com; 781.895.9850).
- The 21st Annual Massachusetts Adult Immunization Conference, Wednesday, April 26, 2016, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Marlborough, MA. Registration will begin in early February. Visit http://maic.jsi.com for more information.
- National Infant Immunization Week (NIIW) is April 16-23, 2016. Click here for more information.
In The News
- 2016 Immunization Schedules have been published (2/2/16)
- Interim Guidelines for Pregnant Women During a Zika Virus Outbreak – United States, 2016 MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:30–3
- Interim Guidelines for the Evaluation and Testing of Infants with Possible Congenital Zika Virus Infection – United States, 2016 MMWR Morb Mortal Early Release 2016; 65(3);1–5
- Clinical Advisory – Zika Virus, MDPH, 1/21/16
- The Massachusetts Adult Immunization Coalition is accepted nominations for the 2016 MA Adult Immunization Champion. Nomination deadline is February 12, 2016. Click here to access the nomination form.
- Action needed to bump up MCV4 booster rates; AAP News (1/7/16)
- Immunization Newsletter, MDPH Immunization Program, Fall/Winter 2015-2016
- Quality of Physician Communication about Human Papillomavirus Vaccine: Findings from a National Survey. Melissa B. Gilkey, Teri L. Malo, Parth D. Shah, Megan E. Hall, and Noel T. Brewer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev Published OnlineFirst October 22, 2015; doi:10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-15-0326
- Universal Availability of State-Supplied HPV and MC4 Vaccines, MDPH, October 20, 2015
- National, State and Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Children Aged 19-35 Months – United States, 2014. MMWR; August 28, 2015; 64)33;889-896
- Vaccination Coverage Among Children in Kindergarten – United States, 2014-2015 School Year. MMWR; August 28, 2015; 64(33);897-904
- Use of Serogroup B Meningococcal Vaccines in Persons Aged > 10 Years: (1)Recommendations; (2) Vaccine Availability and Ordering, MDPH, August 2015
- National, Regional, State, and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years — United States, 2014 . MMWR; July 31, 2015; 64(29); 784-792
- Click here for HPV vaccination resources for providers.
- CDC website designed just for parents – For Parents: Vaccines for Your Children
- Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). Click here for updated information.
2015-2016 Influenza Season Information/Flu Resources and Updates
- MDPH Recommendations and Resources for the Control of Influenza and Pneumococcal Disease, 2015-2016, MDPH, 9/15
- Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Vaccine Practices, United States, 2015-2016 Influenza Season. MMWR, August 7, 2015/ 64(30);818-825
- Updated Influenza Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) – CDC, 8/7/15
- Influenza Activity – United States, 2014-2015 Season and Composition of the 2015-2016 Influenza Vaccine. MMWR, June 5, 2015/ 64(21);583-590
- CDC Flu website
- Massachusetts Flu website
- MDPH School-Based Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Mass.Gov Commonwealth Conversations Public Health Blog (includes MA Weekly Flu Report)
- Influenza Vaccine Availability Tracking System (IVATS) – for healthcare providers seeking vaccine
- Influenza: What you should know, Volume II, Fall 2014 – Vaccine Education Center, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (resource for provider to distribute to patients and parents)