What’s New From the Immunization Initiative
August is National Immunization Awareness Month!
August 23-29 – Infants and Children #NIAM15
- This CDC website provides parents with credible, balanced information about the risks and benefits of vaccination for their children: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/index.html
- Registration is open! 20th Annual MIAP Pediatric Immunization Skills Building Conference – Thursday, October 15, 2015, Marlborough, MassachusettsCDC Publishes Fourth Quarterly Massachusetts HPV Vaccination Report; CDC, July 2015
- National, Regional, State, and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years — United States, 2014 . MMWR; July 31, 2015; 64(29); 784-792
- Upcoming Immunization Initiative Advisory Committee Meeting, September 21, 2015, 6:30-8:00 p.m., Massachusetts Medical Society, Waltham.
- Upcoming Immunization Initiative Webinars – 2015-2016 Influenza Season Update; MDPH Vaccine Update, Thursday, October 29, 2015, 12:00-1:00 p.m.; Vaccine Storage and Handling and VFC Compliance Training, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- CDC Issues Third Quarterly Massachusetts HPV Vaccination Report – April 2015, CDC, May 2015
- First Measles Diagnosis in Massachusetts in 2015 – MDPH Clinical Measles Alert (4/30/15)
- State Supplied Influenza Vaccine for Pediatric Population MDPH 2-15, MDPH, February 2015
- 2015 Immunization Schedules:
Recommended Immunization Schedules for Persons Aged 0 Through 18 Years – United States, 2015
Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule – United States, 2015
- CDC Issues Second Quarterly Massachusetts HPV Vaccination Report; CDC, January 2015
- NIS-Childhood 2013 Summary with Ranking, MDPH, 9/14
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents, 2007–2013, and Postlicensure Vaccine Safety Monitoring, 2006–2014 — United States. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR); July 25, 2014, Vol 63 / No. 29
- NIS-Teen 2013 Summary with Ranking, MDPH, 7/14
- Click here for HPV vaccination resources for providers.
- CDC website designed just for parents – For Parents: Vaccines for Your Children
- Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). Click here for updated information.
2015-2016 Influenza Season Information/Flu Resources and Updates
- Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Vaccine Practices, United States, 2015-2016 Influenza Season. MMWR, August 7, 2015/ 64(30);818-825
- Updated Influenza Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) – CDC, 8/7/15
- Influenza Activity – United States, 2014-2015 Season and Composition of the 2015-2016 Influenza Vaccine. MMWR, June 5, 2015/ 64(21);583-590
- CDC Flu website
- Massachusetts Flu website
- MDPH School-Based Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Mass.Gov Commonwealth Conversations Public Health Blog (includes MA Weekly Flu Report)
- Influenza Vaccine Availability Tracking System (IVATS) – for healthcare providers seeking vaccine
- Influenza: What you should know, Volume II, Fall 2014 – Vaccine Education Center, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (resource for provider to distribute to patients and parents)
Upcoming Immunization Initiative Advisory Committee Meetings
The next Advisory Committee meeting will be held on: Monday, September 21, 2015, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
All Immunization Initiative meetings are held at the Massachusetts Medical Society:
Waltham Woods Corporate Center
860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02454
If you wish to join the Advisory Committee, contact Cynthia McReynolds by telephone: (781) 895-9850, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org