What’s New From the Immunization Initiative
- Registration is open! 20th Annual Massachusetts Adult Immunization Conference – Tuesday, April 14, 2015, Marlborough, Massachusetts. Click here to access the registration brochure.
- Mark your calendar! 20th Annual Massachusetts Immunization Action Partnership (MIAP) Pediatric Immunization Skills Building Conference - Thursday, October 15, 2015, Marlborough, Massachusetts. Updated information will be posted as it becomes available.
- CDC Health Advisory – U.S. Multi-State Measles Outbreak, December 2014 – January 2015, CDC, HAN00376, 1/23/15
- 2015 Immunization Schedules have been published!
- CDC Health Update: Treatment of Patients with Influenza with Antiviral Medications, CDC, HAN00375, 1/9/15
- CDC Issues Second Quarterly Massachusetts HPV Vaccination Report; CDC, January 2015
- 2014-2015 Influenza season resources
- Immunization Initiative Webinar Series
- Upcoming Immunization Initiative Advisory Committee Meeting, Monday, April 27, 2015, 6:30-8:00 p.m., Massachusetts Medical Society, Waltham.
- National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW) was December 7-13, 2014! Access the CDC NIVW web page
- The 19th Annual Massachusetts Immunization Action Partnership (MIAP) Pediatric Immunization Skills Building Conference was held on Thursday, October 23, 2014, in Marlborough, MA. Click here for more information.National, State and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Children Aged 19-25 Months – United State, 2013. MMWR; August 29, 2014, Vol 63/No. 34
- NIS-Childhood 2013 Summary with Ranking, MDPH, 9/14
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents, 2007–2013, and Postlicensure Vaccine Safety Monitoring, 2006–2014 — United States. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR); July 25, 2014, Vol 63 / No. 29
- National, Regional, State, and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years — United States, 2013 . MMWR; July 25, 2014, Vol 63 / No. 29
- NIS-Teen 2013 Summary with Ranking, MDPH, 7/14
- Click here for HPV vaccination resources for providers.
- Updated CDC Resources! Understanding Vaccines and Vaccine Safety, CDC, 2013Updated CDC Vaccine Storage and Handling Information (May 2014)
- CDC website designed just for parents – For Parents: Vaccines for Your Children
- Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). Click here for updated information.
2014-2015 Influenza Season Information/Flu Resources and Updates
- Highlights of Updated AAP Policy on Influenza, AAPNews, 9/22/14
- Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) – United States, 2014-2015 Influenza Season; MMWR. August 15, 2014 / 63(32);691-697.
- Recommendations and Resources for the Control of Influenza, 2014-2015, MDPH, 9/14
- 2014-2015 Influenza Vaccine Information Statements (VIS)
- Influenza Vaccine Products for the 2014-2015 Influenza Season, IAC, 9/14
- CDC Flu website
- Massachusetts Flu website
- What’s New on the the CDC Influenza Site?
- Flu Weekly Report and Flu Weekly Map, CDC (2014-2015 influenza season)
- MDPH School-Based Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Mass.Gov Commonwealth Conversations Public Health Blog (includes MA Weekly Flu Report)
- Influenza Vaccine Availability Tracking System (IVATS) – for healthcare providers seeking vaccine
- Influenza: What you should know, Volume II, Fall 2014 – Vaccine Education Center, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (resource for provider to distribute to patients and parents)
Upcoming Immunization Initiative Advisory Committee Meetings
The next Advisory Committee meeting will be held on: Monday, April 27, 2016, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
All Immunization Initiative meetings are held at the Massachusetts Medical Society:
Waltham Woods Corporate Center
860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02454
If you wish to join the Advisory Committee, contact Cynthia McReynolds by telephone: (781) 895-9850, or by e-mail: email@example.com