MCAAP Member Appointments and Awards
2016 AAP Special Achievement Awards
- Judy Palfrey, M.D. for her effective leadership in addressing CYSHCN issues
- Michael Yogman, M.D. for his successful advocacy in implementing PPD screening mandates
2015 AAP Special Achievement Awards
- Stephen Boos, M.D. – For his leadership on the Chapter’s Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect Committee and for forming a successful collaboration with the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families.
- Julia Koehler, M.D. – For forming and leading the Chapter’s new Immigrant Health Committee and advocating for legislation around immigrant health issues for children and families in Massachusetts.
2014 AAP Special Achievement Awards
- Kristin Swartz and Eli Freiman for their ongoing commitment to medical student recruitment and participation in Chapter activities, especially their leadership in the successful first annual conference entitled “Generations Together for Child Health and More” in November 2013.
2014 AAP Grants
- Chapter received an AAP Grant for HPV vaccination education and outreach in the amount of $20,000
- Chapter received an AAP Educational Grant in the amount of $5,000
2014 Member Awards
- Richard A. Moriarty, MD, FAAP – Massachusetts Recipient of the 2014 CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award
- Robert M. Abrams, M.D., FAAP has been honored by his physician peers as the 2014 Community Clinician of the Year of the MMS Hampshire District Medical Society.
2013 MCAAP Member Awards
- Linda Sagor, M.D., FAAP – received the 2013 Henry Ingersoll Bowditch Award for Excellence in Public Health from the Massachusetts Medical Society
- Marianne Felice, M.D., FAAP – awarded by Massachusetts Medical Society as the recipient of its first Woman Physician Leadership Award in 2013
2013 AAP Election
- James Perrin, M.D. was elected President Elect to the AAP
- Carole Allen, M.D. was elected District 1 Chair to the AAP
2012 AAP Appointments
AAP Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health – Michael Yogman, M.D. appointed as Chair
2012 Community Training Initiative Grant (CPTI) AAP Grant
- Ariel S. Frey-Vogel, MD, MAT Pediatric Residency Program Associate Program Director
- Ashkon Shaahinfar, MD, MPH, Pediatrics Resident, PGY2
2012 AAP Chapter Grant
Chapter received an AAP Grant for Young Physician, Resident & Medical Student Outreach
2012 AAP CATCH Grants
- Resident, Megan Schultz, MD, MA Connecting Deaf Adolescents with Medical Homes – 2013
- Resident, Eli Sprecher, MD Interactive Asthma Education Initiative – 2012
- Implementation, Jacqueline Jones, MD, FAAP Kids Kitchen Afterschool Program – 2012
2012 AAP Special Achievement Awards
- Walter Rok, M.D., FAAP for his leadership in launching innovative membership recruitment strategies
- Rick Moriarty, M.D., FAAP for his tireless leadership of the immunization activities of the Chapter: MCAAP Immunization Initiative co-director, Grand Rounds seminar presenter, webinar moderator, Forum contributor, active committee member and immunization advocate on behalf of the Chapter
- Christian Pulcini for his leadership in engaging medical students in Chapter activities, specifically their participation in the 2012 Residents and Fellow Day at the State House
2011 AAP Special Achievement Awards
- Sean Palfrey, M.D., FAAP is the First Massachusetts Recipient of the 2012 Childhood Immunization Champion Award.
- Dr. Anna Rosenquist for her strong leadership on the Massachusetts Public Health Association’s ACT FRESH campaign to address rezoning in the built environment.
- Dr.Michelle Dalal for taking the initiative to start and lead the Chapter’s Oral Health Committee and her continued advocacy around pediatric oral health issues.
- Dr. Ellen Perrin and Dr. Paula McEvoy for leading and chairing a subgroup of the Children’s Mental Health Task force to form recommendations around best practices for collaborative care.
- Dr. Jon Caine for his continued and active advocacy in addressing and educating the Pediatric Council about coding and reimbursement issues.
2010 AAP Committee Chair and Member Appointees
- Michele Burns, M.D. – Member, Committee on Injury, Violence, and Poison Prevention
- Sarah Ferranti, M.D. – Member, Committee on Nutrition
- Peter Rappo, M.D. – Chair, Private Payer Advocacy Committee
- Robert Sege, M.D. – Member – Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect
- Ben Schiendlin, M.D. – Member, Committee on Pediatric Research
Chapter Members who received AAP Awards
- Jane Cross, MD, Massachusetts Chapter, for her outstanding leadership as chair of the International Committee, and mentorship of students who are involved in the international electives.
- Lloyd Fisher, MD, Massachusetts Chapter, for his outstanding work as Editor of the Forum and his leadership in the redesign process of the publication.
- Michael McManus, MD, Massachusetts Chapter, for his leadership as co-chair of the Legislative Committee and enthusiastic involvement in Medical Home initiatives.
- Linda Sagor, MD, Massachusetts Chapter, for her outstanding role in replicating the Foster Children Evaluation Services (FaCES) program throughout Massachusetts.
- Megan Sandel, MD, Massachusetts Chapter, for her outstanding advocacy in addressing pediatric environmental issues both legislatively and through policy reform.